09 novembre, 2008

SONG ACTIVITIES

SONG
􀀄 Shadow Of The Day – Linkin Park 􀀄
Complete the song with the following words: (You may have to change the form)
set – stay – close – day – simple – beginning – below – goodbye

I __________ both locks __________ the window
I __________ both blinds and turn away
Sometimes solutions aren't so __________
Sometimes __________'s the only way, oh
And the sun __________ for you
The sun __________ for you
And the shadow of the __________
Will embrace the world in grey
And the sun __________ for you
And cards and flowers on your window
Your friends all plead for you to __________
Sometimes ___________ aren't so __________
Sometimes __________'s the only way
And the sun ___________ for you
The sun __________ for you
And the shadow of the ___________
Will embrace the world in grey
And the sun __________ for you
Repeat 3 times


SONG: Last christmas BY Wham
listen to the song and fill in the blanks
Chorus:
Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next _____________
You gave it _______________
This ___________,
to save me from ______________
I'll give it to someone special
Once bitten and twice ____________
I keep my distance but you still catch my __________
Tell me baby do you _______________ me?
Well, it's been a year, it doesn't ______________ me
(Happy Christmas!) I wrapped it up and _____________ it
With a note saying "I Love You" I ________________ it
Now I know what a fool I've _______________
But if you kissed me now I know you'd fool me __________________
Repeat Chorus twice
(Oooh. Oooh Baby)
A crowded room, friends with tired ____________
I'm hiding from you and your soul of ________________
My God, I thought you were someone to ________________ on
Me? I guess I was a shoulder to ____________ on
A face on a lover with a fire in his ____________
A man undercover but you tore me _____________________
Oooh hooh
Now I've found a real love you'll never fool me again
Repeat Chorus twice
A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
(Gave you my heart)
A man undercover but you tore him apart
Maybe next year
I'll give it to someone, I'll give it to someone special
(Special someone)
1. Are these sentences true or false?
a. The song is about Easter.
b. The woman in the song fell in love with him.
c. She doesn’t recognise him this year.
d. If she kissed him now he wouldn’t be fooled by her.
e. He has found someone else this year who loves him back.
2. Correct this summary of the story- there are 10 mistakes. Can you find them all?
Last 25th November the singer declared his love to a woman who married him on the 26th. He promises
himself that this year he will fall in love with someone who hates him back. However, despite this
promise his ex still catches his attention but unsurprisingly she recognises him. He knows if she made
advances now he would try to kill her again so he tries to find her in the crowd. He knows that she used
him for financial support last year and he was happy to help. However at the end he knows he has lost a
true love this year and can be fooled by her again.

Nessun commento: